- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 12 pieces (about 1.5kg) veal osso bucco (shin slices)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 250ml (1 cup) white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 3 x 6cm-long strips lemon rind, white pith removed
- 160g (1 cup) green olives
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- Step 1 – Place flour on a large plate and season with salt and pepper. Add the veal and turn to coat in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Step 2 – Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half the veal and cook for 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with another tablespoon of oil and the remaining veal.
- Step 3 – Heat the remaining oil in the pan over low heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the wine and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the wine is reduced by half. Add the veal, oregano, bay leaves, stock and lemon rind and cook, covered, for 3 hours or until the veal is tender and starts to fall off the bone.
- Step 4 – To make the gremolata, combine the parsley, oregano, garlic and lemon rind in a small bowl.
- Step 5 – Add the olives and lemon juice to the veal mixture. Set aside for 5 minutes before dividing among serving plates. Sprinkle with gremolata and serve.
For more recipes, please go here :
Recipes – Freds master chef
Recipes – kidspot kitchen
You can also visit our social media pages :
You also can visit here :
Fruit shop centre in Australia, Healthy food shop Australia, Healthy fruit, Healthy food,fruit shop centre, Pumpkin & Coconut Soup, Prawn & potato curry, Indian Pumpkin and Coconut Soup, South Indian Pumpkin and Coconut Soup, One Stop Shopping, fruit market in Australia, Fruit and Vegetable, Healthy Food shop in Australia, Healthy fruit shop in Australia, Healthy fruit,Healthy food, Fruit shop australia