- 200g (1 1/3 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 310ml (1 ¼ cups) milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Olive oil spray, to grease
- Strawberry jam, to serve
- Step 1 – Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Step 2 – Whisk together the milk and egg in a jug. Pour into the flour mixture and whisk until a smooth batter forms. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Step 3 – Heat a large non-stick frying pan over low heat. Lightly spray with olive oil spray to grease. Spoon half the batter into a small plastic bag. Cut 1 corner off bag and pipe four 8cm letters into pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for a further 1 minute or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat, in 8 more batches, with remaining batter, reheating pan between batches. Serve with jam.
Recipes – Freds master chef
Recipes – kidspot kitchen
You can also visit our social media pages :