- 1 small (180g) granny smith apple, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 sheets filo pastry
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease 4 holes of a 6-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan.
- Step 2 – Make custard: Combine custard powder, sugar and 1 tablespoon milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in remaining milk. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool.
- Step 3 – Combine apple and lemon juice in a bowl. Place 1 sheet filo on a flat surface. Spray with oil. Top with remaining sheet of filo. Fold filo in half crossways. Cut into 4 squares. Press each square into 1 hole of prepared pan. Sprinkle almond meal over filo. Top with three-quarters of the apple mixture. Sprinkle with caster sugar and half the cinnamon.
- Step 4 – Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until filo is golden. Stand in pan for 2 minutes. Transfer tarts to a wire rack. Cool for 5 minutes. Spoon custard into cases. Top with remaining apple and remaining cinnamon. Serve.
- Our All Recipes Here –