- ½ cup plain flour
- 1kg (8 pieces) skinless chicken cutlets or drumsticks, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning blend
- 405ml can apricot nectar
- ½ cup Angas Park Large Dried Apricots
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Step 1 – Place flour and salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Lightly coat chicken pieces in seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
- Step 2 – Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a deep, large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Cover and set aside.
- Step 3 – Add onion and garlic to frying pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle Moroccan seasoning over onion and stir until well combined.
- Step 4 – Stir in apricot nectar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken to frying pan. Cover with a lid or double piece of foil. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove cover and add apricots, pushing them into the sauce. Cook, uncovered, for a further 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Step 5 – Meanwhile, place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour over 1 cup boiling water. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Spoon couscous onto plates. Spoon over chicken and sauce and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.