- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 500g firm white fish fillets, thinly sliced diagonally
- 60ml (¼ cup) peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 3 shallots, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 60ml (¼ cup) chicken stock
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Step 1 – Lightly whisk egg white in a bowl. Whisk in cornflour and half the sherry. Add fish. Turn to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2 – Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Cook half the fish, turning, for 2 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining oil and fish.
- Step 3 – Drain oil from wok, reserving 1 tablespoon. Heat reserved oil in wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic and ginger for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add capsicum. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until tender. Add shallot, stock, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and remaining sherry. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until sauce reduces slightly. Add fish and stir to combine. Divide among serving plates. Serve with rice.
Recipes – Freds master chef
Recipes – kidspot kitchen
You can also visit our social media pages :
Our website fredsfruit