- 650g butternut pumpkin, peeled
- olive oil cooking spray
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 100g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 quantity Fresh wholemeal pasta (see related recipe)
Creamy parmesan and oregano sauce
- 30g reduced-fat spread
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- ½ cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- pinch ground nutmeg
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut pumpkin into twenty-four 1cm-thick, 3cm squares. Place, in a single layer, on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Roast for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Step 2 – Meanwhile, combine ricotta, parmesan and oregano in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- Step 3 – Make pasta (see related recipe). Trim pasta sheets to make four 14cm x 42cm sheets. Place 1 pasta sheet on a lightly floured surface. Place half the pumpkin pieces in 2 rows at 4cm intervals on the pasta sheet, leaving a 2cm border around edges. Top each piece of pumpkin with 1 teaspoon ricotta mixture. Using a pastry brush, brush pasta sheet around the filling with water. Top with a pasta sheet. Press edges together to seal. Using a ravioli wheel or pizza cutter, cut between the filling to form squares. Repeat with remaining pasta sheets and filling to make 24 ravioli.
- Step 4 – Cook ravioli, in 2 batches, in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 4 minutes or until tender. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon. Place in a heatproof bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 5 – Make sauce: Melt spread in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add flour. Cook, stirring, with a wooden spoon, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk and stock. Return to heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Add oregano, cheese and nutmeg. Season with pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Step 6 – Add sauce to ravioli. Carefully stir to combine. Divide pasta between bowls. Serve.