- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 2 shortcut bacon rashers, trimmed, finely chopped
- 125g can corn kernels, drained well
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Step 1 – Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and corn. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden. Stir in chilli powder. Remove from heat.
- Step 2 – Meanwhile, combine milk and 2 cups cold water in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Gradually stir in polenta. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheddar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 – Spoon polenta into a serving bowl. Top with bacon mixture and parsley. Serve immediately.